Monday, October 4, 2010

Gratitude Walk



133.  I had a brief, unanticipated meeting with an old friend as I walked in the park Sunday morning.

134.  Though I smiled inwardly at this friend's ready assertion to me of personal attendance at a worship service earlier that morning and wondered if a smile might come to his face if he knew how few corporate worship services I'd taken part in these past few years

136.  I greatly appreciated his transparent admission of entering world view quandaries and theological struggles similar to some of mine

137.  and the few moments of empathic conversation.



138.  I returned to photographing the water lilies before hurrying home to dinner with my husband and son and his always lively family.

139.  The intentional "gratitude walk" with camera in hand, had succeeded, as it almost always does, in turning my thoughts to thankfulness to God for the beauty that surrounds me

140.  and for the gifts of a safe community in which to walk

141.  and the awe and inner relaxing and reordering of thoughts that awaits when I step outside.

141.  Thank you, God, for healthy grandsons and a morning at the park staging "zoo animals" for photos


142.  and for missing the small "no swimming" logo on a nearby sign even though I searched for it before allowing

143.  the boys to play in "the river" fountain for many fun-filled minutes


144.  feeling like a community trouble-maker when parents walked past refusing water access to their young'uns

145.  and for those boys' quick obedience to end the water play once I spotted the prohibition...sigh...the threat of litigation spoiling fun once again...

146.  for noisy, tiring, but happy family meals together

147.  where babies can get baths in the kitchen sink


148.  and attentive cousins can get a sink-side tutorial

149.  and hang together when the bath is done.



150.  For generous friends to lay-out and form and family to help pour the footer for the new family house on the old family lot





151.  for the blessing of grand-parenting


152.  and afternoons of working together


153.  while listening to the Rays CLINCH the American League East


My apologies to Ann Voskamp of "Holy Experience".  I continue to experience difficulties getting her link button for Multitude Monday to copy and display properly.  But clicking on the box below will take you to her blog, even though it appears empty.










1 comment:

Amber said...

I love the pic of Isaac and the animals. So sweet!!!